Supporting and empowering Victorian parents since 1959
The Victorian Parents Council informs, encourages, supports and responds to the needs of parents at Victorian non-government schools. We strive to give parents the knowledge, resources and confidence to take an active role in their children’s schooling, and provide the vital link between parents, government, education authorities and the media.
May 2108 - Read the VCAA review for minimum standards for senior secondary Literacy and Numeracy.
Feedback can be given to VCAA by 18th May.
December 2017 - Read our submission to the State Government concerning an inquiry into career advice activities in Victorian schools
Read our latest newsletter - Term 1 2018
If you would like to receive these newsletters on a regular basis please go to our "contact us" page and fill in your email details. Thank you!
------ LATEST Education news ------
- Myths about 'private schools' - ABC news opinion
- How to find success as a woman in science
- Reading aloud – not just for the early years
- The school that added 6 hours of music each week to the curriculum
- How to make your shopping trips fun with your children