The Independent Schools Digital Collaboration Network (formerly TtEDSC) has been offering live webinars for a couple of years now, a number of which are aimed directly at parents. It's a really good resource, and the videos from past webinars are well worth checking out.
Of particular interest to parents and friends:
- Internet Safety for Parents - Your children and the web with Brett Lee (INESS)
- Safer Schoolies - Parent Information session on the Queensland Safer Schoolies Initiative
- Preventing bullying to enhance children’s and adolescents’ brain development with Prof Donna Cross
- Helping your child thrive – at school and in life with Dr Justin Coulsen
- Teenagers, alcohol & other drugs – How much influence do parents really have? with Paul Dillon (DARTA)
- Building body confident kids with Sarah McMahon
- Developing Resilience in Your Child - Helping your child to Bounce Back! with Dr Toni Noble
- It's time we talked: Pornography, young people and sexuality today with Maree Crabbe
- The Importance of play with Dr Helen Street
ISDCN's next parent webinar will be held on May 3 at 7:45-8:45pm. The focus is issues concerning the online behaviour of children, particularly the risks around sexting. There's no need to register - if you're interested, just tune in on the night and follow the instructions to view the presentation.